Position Title: Venue Support Staff s
Reporting to: Assistant Manager, Events
Department: Artscape Performance & Event Venues
Overview/Purpose: Artscape is currently seeking Venue Support Staff to join our Performance and Event Venues Team. Venue Support Staff are integral to the success of events at our venues. Venue Support Staff shift lengths will vary in length depending on the nature of the event. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to event furniture set up/tear down, coat check attendant, guest ushering services as well as custodian duties of event/public space, washrooms, storage area and kitchen. We are seeking individuals with a variety of experiences that include excellent customer service and work well in fast paced events environment.
- With direction from the on-site Venue Supervisor and/or Management, the Venue Support Staff follows event layout documents to ensure a timely and correct set up and tear down of event furniture, décor, temporary outdoor fencing or barriers etc.
- Assists with event duties such as: checking coats, rearranging furniture at the client’s request, and ushering guests to the appropriate event space
- On occasion, perform custodian duties of event/public space, washrooms, storage area and kitchen, including cleaning, clearing and ensuring a tidy event space is left post-event.
- This role occasionally requires lifting heavy furniture safely and operating commercial equipment such as pump trucks.
- Ability to carry furniture and equipment (up to 80 lbs)
- Ability to follow written direction and diagrams / floor plans (for event set up and tear down)
- Flexibility and availability for last minute staffing opportunities
- A positive and professional personal presentation
- High integrity and ability to inspire trust
- Reliability and punctuality
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
Suite 224, 171 East Liberty Street
Toronto, ON M6K 3P6
email@example.com (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.