The Payroll/Accounting Coordinator, under the direction of the Accounting Manager , completes day to day payroll and accounting activities as required by the finance team. This position acts as a liaison between the Accounting Manager and Human Resources Department.
DEADLINE: Jan. 30, 2019
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for accurate processing of Semi-Monthly payrolls through ADP Workforce Now
- Review all computed wages by reviewing exception reports to correct errors prior to finalizing payroll processing
- Ensure all personnel updates are reflected accurately for each payroll cycle
- As payroll issues arise, work to resolve and implement procedures that mitigate future risks and errors
- Helps create and maintain all ADP payroll account codes and cost allocations
- Update and maintain employee health benefit records and taxable benefits
- Support finance team with account reconciliations, billing, variance analysis, and other accounting functions.
- Collaborate with all departments routinely to identity process deficiencies and work toward implementing improvements
- During payroll cycles, verify exceptions of employee’s time reported to time scheduled.
- Solid understanding, interpretation and application of all provincial Employment Standards Legislation , as well as the Artscape Human Resource Policy and Collective Agreements
- Ensure all staff are paid accurately and on time adhering to very strict tight deadlines.
- Apply pay polices for union staff working under collective agreements
- Update pay increases and deductions routinely, and communicate with the HR team regarding all company-wide changes. e.g. (New Hires, Terminations, Status Changes, Parental Leave, Bereavement and any other areas covered per employment agreements.)
- Review payroll reports for accuracy and make adjustments as necessary.
- Coordinate the resolution of employee related payroll inquires and payroll issues that may arise.
- Adhere to all Artscape Policies and Procedures.
- Ability and desire to step into any required special HR/Accounting/Systems projects
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Bachelors level university degree in a relevant field such as Business or substantial equivalent professional experience with demonstrated impact
- At least three years of experience with computerized accounting and payroll systems.
Preference will be given to applicants with ADP workforce now
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to meet frequent deadlines
- Strong commitment to continual learning
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications considered a strong asset (Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint)
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
Suite 423, 130 Queens Quay East
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
firstname.lastname@example.org (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
All email submissions will receive a message confirming receipt. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.