Job Title: Leasing and Community Services Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time
Department: Facilities and Community Services
Application Deadline: March 15
Artscape is an urban non-profit development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Artscape operates its event venues as a social enterprise that uses a sliding scale model to facilitate access to high-quality event spaces for a large cross-section of people and organizations. To learn more about our venues, please visit www.artscapeeventvenues.ca. Interested applicants are also encouraged to learn more about Artscape at artscape.ca and artscapediy.org
*Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period. However, no offers will be made until after the posting closes.
Artscape is currently seeking a Leasing and Community Services Coordinator to join the Facilities and Community Services department. The coordinator will be responsible for external inquiries, acting as a tenant liaison, supporting the tenanting of new projects, leasing administration, and supporting internal operations.
The Facilities and Community Services department serves tenants and owners in all Artscape buildings, and the Tenant Services Coordinator will be a key part of supporting both live/work and work tenancies.
Reporting to the Manager, Leasing and Tenant Services, this position will collaborate closely with members of the department and staff across Artscape.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in customer service and is interested in a career in affordable housing and property management, with a demonstrated passion for Artscape’s mission and creating the conditions for artists to thrive.
- Act as main point of contact for Artscape tenants and owners in select Artscape buildings on day to day property management duties
- Act as a main point of contact for all inquiries from the public regarding the availability of space, waitlist procedures and general questions, addressing customer service needs in a professional and courteous manner
- Accountable for upholding and maintaining waitlists for prospective tenants and owners
- Support preparation of leasing documents and coordination of move in schedules for tenanting of new projects with Manager of Leasing and Tenant Services
- Assist in ensuring compliance with appropriate legislation, including the Residential Tenancies Act, Commercial Tenancies Act, and the Housing Services Act
- Support the development and implementation of dashboarding systems to track key areas of tenant services
- Monitor tenant arrears and escalate where appropriate in according with established policies and procedures
- Monitor maintenance cases to help ensure timely resolution
- Support issue resolution through effective communication and escalation where appropriate
- Update vacancy listings and hold viewings with prospective applicants
- Create and maintain databases and systems for department organization and storage
- Provide administrative support to business and condominium boards associated with Artscape
- Prepare agreements, forms and renewals for Artscape tenants, owners and members
- Reconcile credit card statements, invoices, and purchase orders
- Obtain RGI Administration training from the City of Toronto
- Ensure up-to-date contact and occupant lists on Salesforce and within the department
- Assist with filing City of Toronto applications and documents
- Coordinate key orders, access cards and key storage
- Coordinate paperwork and mail out assistance for tenant documents as required
- Update tenant handbooks and inventory cataloguing
- Provides support to the Manager, Community Services, in tenant and owner engagement activities
- Support the Facilities, Community and Hubs teams with administrative tasks, meeting booking and procurement
- 1-3 years’ experience in a fast-paced office or customer service environment
- Experience in property management and/or non-profit housing considered an asset
- Some experience in public, non-profit, community engagement or arts administration is desirable
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office
- Experienced in relational databases and or CRM platforms, preferably Salesforce
- Demonstrated interest in Artscape’s mission
- Detail-oriented and resourceful
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to implement and deliver programs and services
- A commitment to quality, ability to meet tight deadlines, and a willingness to work in an open-concept, team-oriented atmosphere
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
Suite 423, 130 Queens Quay East
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
email@example.com (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
All email submissions will receive a message confirming receipt. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca