Position Title: Events Coordinator, AGP
Job Type: Full-time 6 month contract
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Event Operations
Department: Artscape Performance & Event Venues (APEV)
Overview/Purpose: The Event Coordinator supports the overall APEV team, with a particular focus on event logistics for Artscape Gibraltar Point (AGP) during the summer events season, by providing on-site supervision and hands-on leadership during weekend events.
EVENT SALES, ADMINISTRATION & LOGISTICS AND SUPERVISION
- Supports the centralized Artscape sales and customer service team by corresponding with event clients in a timely manner and giving tours of Artscape Gibraltar Point as required.
- Handles administrative processes related to Artscape Gibraltar Point event rentals, including drafting client contracts, estimates and invoices.
- Ensures the effective coordination of events at Artscape Gibraltar Point through superior client management, logistics planning and the administration of financial process for events.
- Main point of contact during the event planning process; gathers and solicits information about event logistics from clients and vendors and communicates information to appropriate departments and staff including, but not limited to, Venue Supervisors, Kitchen Supervisor and Custodial Staff.
- Supervise, direct, and coordinate the activities of vendors, staff and subcontractors during events, including evenings and weekends (specifically Friday and Saturday night events).
- Instructs clients in the use of basic AV equipment and collaborates with technical staff to schedule AV Technicians as needed.
- Acts as the first point of escalation for feedback from clients or stakeholders about event related issues and/or concerns; uses appropriate judgment to mititgate risk and to escalate issues to Senior Management
- Collaborating with building operators as well as residency and program coordinators on scheduling and resource sharing to ensure streamlined event execution and minimize resource conflicts.
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are followed by staff, clients and vendors.
- In collaboration with the communications team, assists in the development of a photo and/or video inventory by uploading and managing event photographs and occasionally taking photos of events.
STAFF TRAINING, SCHEDULING AND PAYROLL
- Assists the Assistant Manager, Event Operations, in providing venue specific training to part-time event staff.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Manager, Event Operations, schedules part-time event staff for AGP, adhering to Employment Standards Act.
- Keeps strict adherence to submission deadlines for payroll and quality assures data to be accurate through verifying hours worked throughout upcoming payroll cycle.
- Supports the Assistant Manager, Event Operations with part-time staff emergencies by providing coverage after-hours and over weekends.
- With APEV team, works to identify and suggest policy and procedures that improve events administration, logistics, and the experience of clients and visitors to Artscape event venues.
- Passionate, collaborative team environment in an open concept office.
- Flexible work week including evenings and weekends.
- Consistent ability to interact with a wide range of temperaments and communication styles.
- At least (2) two years experience in event and/or production coordination, preferably with a non-profit performing arts organization that caters to diverse client and event types
- Minimum post-secondary certificate/diploma/degree in event management, administration, production or equivalent experience
- A passion for Artscape’s mission and values to create space for creativity and transform communities.
- Committed and interested in working with diverse customers and partners ranging from grassroots arts organizations, individual wedding organizers to professional event producers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to priortize mutliple, competing deliverables.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven exceptional client management skills
- Valid Ontario G License required.
- Experience using Salesforce a strong asset
- Smartserve Certification and familiarity with food handling/catering requirements, production/technical/equipment needs, and industry best practices are considered an asset
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
Suite 423, 130 Queens Quay East
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
firstname.lastname@example.org (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
All email submissions will receive a message confirming receipt. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca