Artscape Affordable Housing Intern
Do you believe in the power of arts and culture to build a strong, inclusive Toronto? Do you want to get real-world experience supporting Artscape’s opening and planning of new affordable live-work housing in Toronto?
We are looking for an intern to work on Artscape Affordable Housing Initiatives in Summer 2019. Our 8-week paid internship is for an Urban Planning or Real Estate Masters student interested in learning about social purpose real estate with a focus on affordable housing.
You will have the opportunity, working with the Chief Operating Officer and Artscape’s Facilities and Community Services team to:
- Assist in the development of a manual of principles and specifications for future live-work units.
- Assist in analysis to support the development of new affordable housing rental and homeownership programs.
- Contribute to pre-move in processes and checklists for 80 families moving into affordable housing.
- Support information meetings for new affordable homeownership opportunities
- Commitment to Artscape’s mission, vision and values.
- Current student in Urban Planning and/or Real Estate, preference for student seeking to fulfill course credit requirement.
- Interest in learning about the enabling environment for creative placemaking, affordable housing and creative infrastructure.
- Experience with community engagement and consultation a plus; ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders a must.
- Proven analytical capabilities, comfortable with numbers, and strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office a must
Please respond with:
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
Suite 423, 130 Queens Quay East
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
email@example.com (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
All email submissions will receive a message confirming receipt. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.