Artscape Portfolio Development Intern
Do you believe in the power of arts and culture to build a strong, inclusive Toronto? Do you want to get hands-on experience supporting Artscape to advance its cultural catalysts initiative to create mixed use cultural hubs and affordable housing in Toronto’s suburbs?
We are looking for an intern to work on Artscape Portfolio Development initiatives in Summer 2019. Our 8-week paid internship is for an Urban Planning masters student interested in learning about social purpose real estate, including affordable housing.
You will have the opportunity, working with the Chief Operating Officer and the Senior Manager, Real Estate, to:
- Support planning and financial analysis for potential locations and projects outside the core including template proformas.
- Collaborate with Artscape staff to support outreach and meetings for potential partnerships and sites.
- Contribute to the drafting of a case study for a newly opened Artscape project
- Commitment to Artscape’s mission, vision and values.
- Current student in Urban Planning and/or Real Estate, preference for student seeking to fulfill course credit requirement.
- Interest in learning about the enabling environment for creative placemaking, affordable housing and creative infrastructure.
- Experience with community engagement and consultation a plus; ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders a must.
- Proven analytical capabilities, comfortable with numbers, and strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office a must
Please respond with:
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
Suite 423, 130 Queens Quay East
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
firstname.lastname@example.org (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
All email submissions will receive a message confirming receipt. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.