Position Title: Custodian
Position Type: Part-time, 5 month contract
Location: Artscape Gibraltar Point (AGP), with availability to work at all Artscape locations in Toronto
Reporting To: Building Operator at AGP
Application Deadline: April 22, 2019
The custodians are responsible for helping create a clean and welcoming environment at Artscape Gibraltar Point. Their responsibilities are to ensure that event rooms, common areas, and artist spaces are kept clean and tidy.
- Provide a high standard of cleanliness and safety in the residency and event spaces of the building
- Maintain the building in a consistently safe, clean and attractive condition
- Maintain professional, cordial relationships with tenants, clients and members of the public
- Responsible for keeping common areas, bedrooms, studios, washrooms and event spaces clean, including: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning windows, bathroom surfaces, kitchens and disposing of refuse
- Select groundskeeping and exterior garbage removal
- Some furniture moving and assembly in support of event and housekeeping staff
- Must keep uniform groomed and maintained at all times
- Diligent adherence to Artscape Health and Safety policies, notifying the building operator of any safety concerns or suggestions
- Understand the mandate and aims of programming in the building as well as Artscape’s overall mission and mandate, and reflects these elements in interactions with all users and clients
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements:
- Knowledge of custodial practices
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrates ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and resolve conflict when necessary
- Professional appearance and demeanor, positive and proactive attitude, and demonstrates the following qualities: flexibility, dependability and high level of team orientation and service orientation
- Works well in a fast paced environment
- Works well in a self-motivated environment
- Good time management and organizational skills
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
Suite 423, 130 Queens Quay East
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
email@example.com (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
All email submissions will receive a message confirming receipt. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca