Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Hub Services
Position Type: Full-time, Contract
Department: Hub Services
Reporting to: Director of Hub Services
Application Deadline: 2019-05-06
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Artscape is an urban non-profit development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Artscape operates its event venues as a social enterprise that uses a sliding scale model to facilitate access to high-quality event spaces for a large cross-section of people and organizations. To learn more about our venues, please visit www.artscapeeventvenues.ca. Interested applicants are also encouraged to learn more about Artscape at artscape.ca and artscapediy.org
*Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period. However, no offers will be made until after the posting closes.
Location: Artscape Daniels Launchpad and/or Artscape Bayside (Summer 2019)
Reporting to the Director of Hub Services with guidance provided by the Hub Managers and Coordinators of the department, works collaboratively with the Hub Services team to support administrative duties associated to Leasing and Community services in support of our tenants, owners and members across the portfolio.
This position is ideal for an emerging professional with an interest in understanding how public-facing property management and community services are executed in a fast paced, non-profit environment. The position is a strong opportunity to apply your administrative skills to a team dedicated to ensuring that Artscape’s rich community of building tenants and owners have consistent customer service and benefit from their mission-serving spaces.
- Supports all facets, including tenant selection, logistics for the advisory committee, correspondence and move-in communications, for new projects or spaces undergoing lease-up
- Maintains waitlist for prospective tenants & owners and support the department in ensuring applications are reviewed by appropriate parties
- Respond to inquiries from the public regarding the availability of space and waitlist procedures
- Administrative support for Salesforce, ensuring all tenant and owner contact info, documents and correspondences are kept up to date.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication and notices to tenants in collaboration with the Hub Managers and Property Management teams
- Maintain and distributes tenant handbooks for all Artscape properties
- Support the Hub Services department in preparing for tenant meetings and engagement activities, assisting with set up, tear down, tech needs, photocopying, food and beverage set up and overall support of meetings and events at various locations
- Supports logistics and notices as needed for condo board meetings; prepares minutes for Artscape Communities Advisory Committee and other formal meetings as needed.
- Regularly organize department files and folders
- Assist in tracking Artscape Value Exchange Proposals, monitoring activities and ensuring reports are submitted
- Supports the coordination of online community portal, community card program and artist directory
- Schedule tours and meetings as requested
- Assist the Residential Coordinator and Leasing Coordinator in preparing documents such as common element fee notices, rent roll notices, lease renewals and sublet agreements
- Monitor online activity, ensuring tenants and owners are within the terms of lease, re: subletting, sharing, usage of space
- Supports the hub services team in monitoring and tracking payment of arrears
- Prepare monthly change of tenancy forms
- Create database of EFT payments to finance
- Assist in reconciliation of departments VISA expenses , invoices and purchase orders
- Coordinates and reconciles weekly order of office supplies and monthly shredding service.
- Coordinates dashboard tracking by working cross departmental on ensuring we receive up to date data for reports
- On occasion, works on special projects as assigned by Senior Management
- Demonstrated passion for arts and culture and community building
- At least 3 years employment in a related field demonstrating hands-on practical experience with at least 2 years working with Salesforce or CRM systems
- Exceptional communication skills, an aptitude for customer service and an ability to foster positive relationships with tenants, owners and stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of the standard Salesforce capabilities including data management and reporting is required
- Experience in maintaining databases, with a solid grasp of information technology systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2010
- Experience working with Slack is considered an asset
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills: ability to prioritize and problem solve in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task effectively and coordinate multiple projects concurrently as well as respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work with speed, accuracy and consistency to tight deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly when required to accommodate evening meetings or activities.
- Willingness to work collaboratively in an open-concept, team oriented work environment
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
130 Queens Quay East, Suite #423
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
email@example.com (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca