Job Title: Summer Events and Residency Assistant
Position Type: Contract – 8 weeks (Canada Summer Jobs)
Hours Per Week: 32
Department: Hub Services
Location: Artscape Gibraltar Point
Reporting To: Assistant Manager, Residencies and Programs
Start Date: June, 2019
Application Deadline: May 17, 2019
The Summer Events & Residency Assistant will work to support the mission of Artscape to facilitate arts and culture programming for visitors to and residents of Toronto Island. The position will provide experience in communications, arts and culture administration and event planning.
The Assistant will perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
SUMMER CULTURAL AND COMMUNITY EVENTS
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of summer community and festival events
- Coordinate and send client and supplier documents and packages
- Assist in the collection of deposits, final payments and client invoices in a timely manner
- Assist with booking AGP event spaces using booking system Salesforce
- Collect and process payments from event clients.
SHORT-TERM THEMATIC RESIDENCIES
- Assist with fielding inquiries regarding artist residency and programming opportunities; host tours for potential users
- Orient new residency artists to AGP, Toronto Island history and community, and the resources available to all residents
- Assist with artist residency registration and preparation of residency participant arrival times
- Coordinate summer Open Studio Tours program, which invites visitors to enjoy artists-in-residence programming and visit AGP’s studios multiple times each summer
- Coordinate community celebrations and social activities for artists-in-residence at AGP, such as movie nights, potlucks, and lighthouse and boat tours, and public end-of-residency celebrations showcasing artist work produced while in residence at AGP
- Facilitate artist pick-ups and drop-offs from the Toronto Island ferry (G licence will be required).
As per program requirements, the successful student:
- As per program requirements, the successful student:
(a) is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
(c) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
*International students are not eligible. Recent Immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position
- A resume
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
130 Queens Quay East, Suite #423
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
email@example.com (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca