Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Contract – 7 weeks (Canada Summer Jobs)
Hours Per Week: 30
Location: Artscape Daniels Launchpad
Reporting To: Director, Sales and Memberships
Start Date: June, 2019
Application Deadline: May 30, 2019
Reporting to the Director, Sales and Memberships the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative, logistical and operational support for ADL various activities and programs. The assistant will work with the Director, Sales and Memberships to ensure the smooth running of the various programs and activities ADL. Artscape Daniels Launchpad is a leading edge 30,000-square-foot facility that will connect creative people and their ideas with a supportive ecosystem in which to collaborate, experiment, learn and elevate their artistic and economic potential.
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Update Salesforce & other systems with event related logistics information for imminent events at ADL.
- Prepare and supply clients (and suppliers and vendors where relevant) with event documents in a timely manner.
- Monitor upcoming event milestones and schedule reminders for outstanding documents, certifications and payments.
- Coordinate activities taking place in various locations across the Greater Toronto Area and southern Ontario including attending and managing the preparation of registration, technical set-up and other related activities. –
- Attend meetings, takes notes and ensures follow-up on tasks arising from meetings. –
- Provide administrative support on special events in coordination. –
- Support ADL Marketing Department staff on administrative tasks including expense reports.
- Preferably has an Arts Administration background
As per program requirements, the successful student:
- (a) is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- (b) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- (c) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
- *International students are not eligible. Recent Immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position
- A resume
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
130 Queens Quay East, Suite #423
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
email@example.com (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca