Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until June 10, 2019.
As VP Launchpad, you will:
Realizing Launchpad’s value proposition for creatives
- Lead the Launchpad team to continuously refine and enhance the value proposition for members and clients by:
- Working with the Director of Marketing and Memberships to ensure a consistently high-touch, high quality, value-for-money member experience.
- Working with the Director of Programs to create value-added programs to help members develop their creative business, including member events, opportunities for market exposure, mentorship, coaching and other added value opportunities.
- Working with the Director of Creative Studios to ensure access to well-managed and safely operated creative studios and technical training programs.
- Working with the Director of Partnerships and Network Engagement to identify and secure financial and in-kind support through corporate and strategic partnerships, while raising the profile and strengthening the impact of Artscape Launchpad with creative and disperse industries across Ontario.
- Collaborating with the Launchpad team to ensure that all elements of Launchpad’s value proposition are effectively coordinated, communicated and executed in a way that provides maximum benefit to members.
Building Launchpad’s social enterprises
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategies to support earned revenue targets for Launchpad’s social enterprises, including:
- Memberships and technical training
- Launchpad learning
- Digital media services
- Build a culture of innovation that relies on data analysis, member/client feedback and the collective knowledge of the team to create continuous improvement in the management, policies, systems and communications for Launchpad.
- Work closely with Artscape’s Marketing and Communications Department and Launchpad’s membership and marketing team to:
- Develop a strong Artscape Launchpad brand and ensure its execution across all programs and materials.
- Oversee the implementation of communications and marketing strategy, welcoming media opportunities, building business and growing the Artscape Launchpad community.
- Act as a spokesperson for Artscape Launchpad, nurturing awareness within key stakeholder groups and in the public at large, positioning it as a leader in the new economy.
- Direct all sales and customer service activities to guarantee an excellent client experience across all Artscape Launchpad offerings.
- Oversee the management of online and social communications, contributing to editorial strategy.
- Work with Launchpad’s Manager of Business Operations to ensure the development and implementation of operating systems, policies, procedures, data management and volunteer engagement.
- Oversee the Operations Department to ensure the effective management of operations and the facility including but not limited to:
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Emergency preparedness
- Liaise and work closely with Artscape departments including Executive, Finance, Performance and Events Services, Marketing and Communications, Fund Development, and Creative Placemaking Lab on special projects and initiatives to:
- Ensure alignment with Artscape’s mission, vision and values
- Identify opportunities for outreach and engagement to Artscape’s tenant, member and owner communities
- Assess and propose changes to organizational directions and policies
- Work with Artscape’s Capital Projects and Facilities teams to support longer-term, capital maintenance and repair projects. Oversee occasional interior design upgrades.
Developing a strong and dynamic team
- Foster a healthy workplace culture where:
- Employees are highly engaged
- Ways of working reflect Artscape’s values of integrity, community, creativity, collaboration and learning
- Everyone has a defined role and participates in decision-making
- There are opportunities for professional development and career advancement
- Supervise a team of 5 direct reports and 35 part-time and full-time staff.
- Work with team to create an annual work plan that drive progress towards achievement of improved programmatic and financial results.
- Lead and create a high performing team through coaching, performance management, shared planning and appropriate support and delegation.
- Active member of the Executive Team stewarding progress towards strategic plan and reviewing and assessing key finance, human resource policies and management practices.
- Model and facilitate interdepartmental collaboration to advance progress towards strategic plan goals.
- Work with directors to identify and test cross-departmental processes, including preferred vendors and shared procurement, that enhance tenant relations, property administration and facilities management.
- Participate in executive-level planning, problem solving and risk-mitigation.
- Contribute as a leader to fostering a strong, safe and inclusive workplace culture that supports all staff to live by shared values.
- Prepare and present reports to the CEO and Board.
Raising funds and developing partnerships
- Contribute to the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of partners, sponsors and funders:
- Participate in Toronto Artscape Foundation’s Campaign Cabinet focusing on major gift fundraising
- Manage positive, collaborative relationships with existing and potential new donors, sponsors, funders, partners and other stakeholders
- Support Artscape and Toronto Artscape Foundation’s fund development teams with program development, donor engagement initiatives/programs and ensure prompt, accurate and appropriate reporting at all times
- Collaborate with fund development teams to create an annual Fund Development Plan aimed at achieving annual targets
- Work with post-secondary institutions to develop and secure funding for programming partnerships and bursaries
- Build a spirit of accessibility, collaboration and community stewardship. Manage authentic relatonships with arts and cultural groups, project and program partners, stakeholder groups and committees:
- Drive opportunities that foster economic and multicultural inclusion in all facets of Arstcape Launchpad’s programs and operations
- Serve on community committees
- Establish and/or participate in other ad hoc stakeholder committees as required to fulfill Artscape Launchpad’s vision
For more information and a full executive brief, please contact Hanan Haddad, Director Human Resources and Organizational Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
130 Queens Quay East, Suite #423
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
email@example.com (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca