Artscape Weston Common
Pearson Connects Fund 2019
Artscape Weston Common is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for the Artscape Weston Common Pearson Connects Fund, a fund that supports community events and programs offered during the summer & fall 2019 at Artscape Weston Common. This fund was made possible through our Key Supporting Sponsor, Toronto Pearson.
Individuals, organizations and collectives are invited to submit applications seeking access to community spaces in Artscape Weston Common, including in-kind support for arts and culture programming, community meetings and groups working within the Weston and surrounding communities, in the Rockport Performance Hall, Flex Studio or Meeting Room.
Successful applicants will be able to access the meeting room, flex studio or Rockport Performance Hall at no cost. For the meeting room and flex studio, this includes the venue licensing fee. For the Rockport Performance Hall, this includes the venue licensing fee and labour requirements as determined by the Artscape Performance and Event Venues team. Equipment and/or incidental charges may apply.
Up to 50 events per year may be funded by this program, depending on the event scale and type. The Artscape Weston Common Community Advisory Committee will jury the applications and determine the scope of the funding depending on the number of qualified applications received.
All attempts will be made to accommodate the needs of the community within the funding parameters, please check our website for updates and or speak to a concierge at Artscape Weston Common.
To qualify under the Pearson Connects Fund, the selected projects must have:
- Community-accessible and/or arts and culture programming components
- Projects of any content, structure or type are eligible. Projects, initiatives and events can be intended for any age group, etc.
- It is preferable that initiatives receiving support from the Artscape Weston Common Pearson Connects Fund are free-of-charge for participants/attendees; initiatives may charge a small participation fee or ticket price, as long a number of tickets are available to be given away to the community at no cost
Please note: Programming initiatives with an arts and culture focus that improve the opportunities for community members to connect learn and create at Artscape Weston Common will be prioritized. To ensure the diverse programming opportunities, groups may only access the fund once per application cycle, and cannot host the same event more than once a year. Multi-day programming opportunities are available and should be presented as one application. Groups that wish to present events outside of these parameters may be considered at the end of the application cycle at the discretion of the Community Advisory Committee.
Applications will be reviewed by members of the Artscape Weston Common Community Advisory Committee and will be prioritized based on:
- The ability of initiative to offer community members a unique and exciting opportunity to connect, learn and/or create at Artscape Weston Common
- Programs and events with an arts and culture focus
- Programs and events that are free and open to the community
- The fit for available spaces at Artscape Weston Common
- The compliment to other community initiatives
- Multi-day events may be considered if submitted as one application
The Community Advisory Committee will be made up of at least one Artscape Weston Common tenant and/or programming partner member, one Weston based community member, one young person between the ages of 18-27. Artscape staff will administer the committee and provide expertise as required and requested by the committee.
Artscape Weston Common Pearson Connects Fund project organizers are responsible for:
- Organizing and facilitating all elements of the proposed project
- Providing project descriptions as required for promotion
- Marketing and promotion of their event and/or program
- Staffing, equipment and/or incidental charges may apply for events and programs with high technical needs, events taking place outside of hub hours, or events taking place in the Rockport Performance Hall.
- Project organizers must submit a formal post-event project report and agree to be profiled for donor recognition purposes
Artscape Weston Common Pearson Connects Fund projects receive:
- Access to the event and programming spaces at Artscape Weston Common, including The Rockport Performance Hall, the Flex Studio and/or the Meeting Room.
- Basic staffing support for events within the Rockport Performance Hall, including Front of House and technical support
- Special posts in newsletters and or/blog posts on artscapeweston.ca and promotion to Artscape Weston Common’s social media networks and community networks
Applications can be submitted online through Submittable. The deadline is Monday, June 24, 2019 at 12:00 PM.
Click here to fill out the Online Application Form. The form asks for a description of your proposed initiative, information about you, your proposed budget and ideal dates. The form takes approximately 15-30 minutes to complete. Those submitting an application will be notified of the status of their application in July 2019.
If you have any questions or require assistance with the submission process, please contact Megan Press, Hub Manager Artscape Youngplace & Artscape Weston Common at [email protected]