Position Title: Sales Coordinator, APEV
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Sales and Business Development
Department: Artscape Performance and Event Venues (APEV)
Job Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: June 24, 2019
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Sales & Business Development, , the Sales Coordinator will support Artscape’s key strategic goals to strengthen our social enterprise and serve more people and communities through providing excellent customer service and supporting the achievement of APEV sales targets and community stewardship goals.
- First point of contact with customers, corresponding via a high-volume of in-bound telephone calls and emails: Triage initial inquiry; Conduct proactive consultative needs analysis with new and existing customers; make recommendation for Artscape locations based on customer needs, venue availability and revenue potential; Schedule and conduct venue tours with potential clients.
- Develop custom event quotes and perform customer negotiations within approved rate framework in order to maximize sales and client satisfaction
- Contribute to sales targets by completing the event booking process and pushing sales for existing and potential clients
- Work with Senior Manager, Sales & Business Development to implement sales promotion activities within the sales process
- Have knowledge about all Artscape event venues and event packages in order to confidently respond to customer inquiries
- Establish, develop and maintain positive client relationships
- Active user of customer relationship management system (Salesforce CRM): confirm venue availability; record customer interactions, inquiry details, and comments; enter new leads; monitor deadlines; maintain a clean and accurate database
- Follow and complete administrative processes related to venue rentals including drafting client contracts, estimates and invoices, scheduling client tours, following up with client deposit deadlines
- Communicate logistical information regarding event vendors, catering, permits, floor plans, and other relevant event information to clients and on-site events staff
- Monitor workflow and account activity in Salesforce to ensure timely follow-up (self and on-site events staff) with clients to increase close rates and repeat business
- Conduct client follow-up surveys: source and maintain a database of client testimonials for marketing use; make record customer complaints/concerns and handle directly through knowledge of processes and procedures. Escalate to manager as necessary
- Understanding of social enterprise and the impact of events on the communities that Artscape serves, including the community access program at Artscape venues
- Bachelor’s Degree in sales, marketing, event management or the equivalent mix of education and experience
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). Other languages are considered an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in sales and customer service
- Fully confident in the uses of MS Office with understanding of an ability to work in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Social media tools and management platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite)
- Experience working with Salesforce is considered a strong asset
- A confident and personable communicator with excellent written and oral skills, high integrity, inspires trust and capable of building relations with people from all walks of life
- A self-motivated and highly organized fast paced learner with an ability to adapt to changing conditions and the multi-dimensional nature of this position
- Strong time management, negotiation and sales skills, understanding of sales processes and what it takes to convert leads into sales
- Superior interpersonal, relationship, and time managements skills, with an ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Flexibility to work occasional weekend or evening hours
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
130 Queens Quay East, Suite 423
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
firstname.lastname@example.org (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca