Job Title: Coordinator, Creative Studio Programs
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Artscape Daniels Launchpad
Reports to: Director, Creative Studios
Location: Artscape Daniels Launchpad
Application Deadline: June 26, 2019
This role is responsible for the administrative, logistical and operational support for Launchpad’s Creative Studios programs and events (including outreach through building and maintaining participant and alumni engagement), as well as general departmental project and administrative support.
Artscape Daniels Launchpad (ADL), Toronto’s first creative entrepreneurship centre, opened in November 2018. The ADL Creative Studios department is composed of specialized studio facilities covering a wide range of creative disciplines, including textiles and fashion, fine metals and jewelry, digital media (video and audio), woodworking, electronics, digital fabrication, and photography. Each studio in the department is specially designed to achieve optimum use of the creative equipment.
The Coordinator, Creative Studio Programs will report directly to the Director, Creative Studios, and will collaborate frequently with Studio Technicians (both part-time and full-time), as well as other departments such as Operations, Memberships, Marketing, Events, Programs, and Partnerships.
This position is ideal for a highly creative, imaginative candidate with strong creative knowledge, interpersonal skills, with an interest in and aptitude for providing both operational and practitioner support. All programs, projects and products must be consistent with Artscape Launchpad’s values and strategic objectives and will be built and delivered in line with our design signature.
Specific accountabilities focus on organizing, planning and delivering studio technical and creative programming. This includes curriculum development, selecting venues, recruiting participation, creating and managing budgets, scheduling, facilitator preparation, materials, ongoing communication with stakeholders (internal and external) and evaluation.
Launchpad staff function as a high performing team at all times, maintaining open communication, clear objectives and priorities, and a culture of positive intention within our team, Artscape and in all our external engagement. Launchpad team members represent Artscape to all of our stakeholders and our actions must be informed, helpful and positive, striving to increase our public value in each and every interaction.
- Provide logistical support to the Creative Studio team in order to ensure program activities run efficiently and effectively, including tasks such as:
- Curriculum development
- Scheduling and arranging transportation and refreshments
- Arranging and negotiating facilitator and participant coordination
- Booking rooms
- Keeping accurate and organized documentation
- Evaluating event successes and points of improvement
- Act as primary participant contact
- Plan and execute registration, technical set-up, and basic operational duties for programs and events
- Work collaboratively with Launchpad team to ensure all programming, bookings, receptions, and events adhere to Launchpad’s policies and requirements
- Monitor program targets, maintaining the critical path of all outreach and program initiatives, and keeping staff advised of internal and external expectations
- With the Director, Creative Studios, and the finance department, provide input on program budgets, processes payments, and issues invoices and receipts
- Utilize input from the marketing team, ensuring programming and events are aligned to marketing initiatives and arranges the creation and distribution of program materials (both physical and digital)
- Coordinate speakers and special guest arrangements including timing, presentations and payment
- Maintain program equipment for studio learning events
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in a related sector or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated passion for creative industries, creative entrepreneurship, art and design, culture and community building
- 2-3 years of experience in programming, learning, events, producing and/or project management
- Ability to multi-task effectively and coordinate multiple projects concurrently as well as respond quickly to changing priorities
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Good budget management skills
- Experienced in the usage of databases and/or Salesforce
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong analytical skills and good judgment
- Ability to trouble-shoot and solve problems
- Is flexible, including work schedule
- Proven experience and commitment to customer service in facilities with high volume use, as well as highly organized, with clear written and verbal communication
- Experience in and commitment to fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment supporting a diverse range of practices and backgrounds
- Proven track record of working well with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training, and aesthetic sensibilities in a creative environment
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
130 Queens Quay East, Suite 423
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
firstname.lastname@example.org (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca