Artscape is seeking a new tenant to set up shop in the well frequented community cultural hub Artscape Youngplace, in the West Queen West neighbourhood at 180 Shaw Street.
This space, located on the mezzanine level of the three-storey building, offers a perfect location for a programming and food service operator. Artscape is also open to considering other suitable social enterprise concept proposals.
Unit size: 900 sq. ft.
License term: 2 years with renewal option
Occupancy date: September 2019
Application deadline: August 15, 2019, 5:00pm.
• Large windows facing Shaw Street
• Permitted occupancy of up to 56 patrons seated at tables or 133 patrons standing for a flexible range of uses and activities
• Additional seating for 55 people at no charge to the operator
• Outdoor seating area on Shaw Street
• Rustic wood café counter with ample storage
• Tile kitchen backsplash
• Stainless-steel food prep counter
• 4 refrigerators: 1 full-size, 2 below counter, 1 open-top prep station
• Commercial dishwasher
• Hot and cold water connection and drainage
• Electrical receptacles throughout
• Stylish tables and chairs
• Espresso machine available for rent
*The space is zoned for food service with the option to obtain a special permit licence to serve liquor at special events.
For more details, please view the full RFP here: Artscape Youngplace Request for Proposals – Programming and Food Service Operator