Job Title: Program Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time
Department: Launchpad Programs
Reporting to: Director of Programs, Launchpad
Application Deadline: August 6, 2019
*Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period. However, no offers will be made until after the posting closes.
Location: Artscape Daniels Launchpad
Artscape is currently seeking a Program Coordinator for Launchpad Learning at Artscape Daniels Launchpad. This role is responsible for the administrative, logistical and operational support for Launchpad’s programs and events, as well as outreach through building and maintaining participant, alumni engagement, and general departmental project and administrative support. The selected candidate will have experience in communications, arts and cultural administration, people management of support staff and event planning. This is a full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. The work schedule may vary and will include weekends and evenings for event and program supervision.
Artscape Daniels Launchpad (ADL) opened in November 2018. The ADL Programs department is composed of events, workshops, and programs for creatives to develop skills and increase knowledge with the strategic objective to help them thrive and meet the program’s core values to be inspirational, drive creativity, build community, encourage collaboration, develop innovation, showcase talent, and be unapologetically fun and viscerally experiential.
The Programs Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Programs, and will collaborate frequently with various departments including: Launchpad Operations, Memberships, Marketing, Partnerships; and Artscape Events.
This position is ideal for a highly creative, imaginative candidate with strong creative knowledge, interpersonal skills, with an interest in and aptitude for providing both operational and practitioner support. All programs, projects and products must be consistent with Artscape Launchpad’s values and strategic objectives and will be built and delivered in line with our design signature.
Specific accountabilities focus on organizing, planning and delivering Launchpad programs. This includes curriculum design support recruiting participation; reporting budgets; scheduling venues; communicating logistics to event support staff, attendees and facilitators; organizing materials; program set-up and tear-down; and sending evaluations.
Launchpad staff function as a high performing team at all times, maintaining open communication, clear objectives and priorities, and a culture of positive intention within our team, Artscape and in all our external engagement. Launchpad team members represent Artscape to all of our stakeholders and our actions must be informed, helpful and positive, striving to increase our public value in each and every interaction.
- Providing logistical support to the program team in order to ensure program activities run efficiently and effectively, including tasks such as:
- Booking rooms / venues
- Keeping accurate and organized documentation across multiple platforms, including but not limited to Salesforce, Google Drive, Asana, etc.
- Evaluating event successes and points of improvement
- Scheduling and procuring refreshments
- Scheduling and arranging transportation, when necessary
- Acts as primary participant contact
- Plans and executes registration, technical set-up, and basic operational duties for projects and events taking place in locations across the GTA and southern Ontario
- Work collaboratively with Launchpad and Artscape Events teams to adhere all programming, bookings, receptions, and events to Launchpad’s event policies and requirements
- Monitoring program targets outlined by partners, maintaining the critical path of all outreach and program initiatives, and keeping staff advised of internal and external expectations
- With the Director, Launchpad Programs and the finance department, provides input on program budgets, processes payments, and issues invoices and receipts
- Utilizing input from the marketing team, ensures programming and events are aligned to marketing initiatives and arranges the creation and distribution of program materials (both physical and digital)
- Coordinating speakers and special guest arrangements including timing, presentations and payment
- With the Director, developing the alumni experience
- Maintaining program equipment for learning events in collaboration with Artscape Events team
- Must have college certificate or university undergrad degree in a related sector
- Demonstrated passion for creative industries, creative entrepreneurship, art and design, culture and community building
- 2-3 years of experience in programming, events, producing and/or project management
- Ability to multi-task effectively and coordinate multiple projects concurrently as well as respond quickly to changing priorities
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (excel, word and PowerPoint)
- Good budget management skills
- Experienced in the usage of databases and/or Salesforce
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong analytical skills and good judgment
- Ability to trouble-shoot and solve problems
- Is flexible, including work schedule
- Proven experience and commitment to customer service in facilities with high volume use, as well as highly organized, with clear written and verbal communication
- Experience in and commitment to fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment supporting a diverse range of practices and backgrounds
- Proven track record of working well with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training, and aesthetic sensibilities in a creative environment
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
130 Queens Quay East
Suite 423, 4th Floor East Tower
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
firstname.lastname@example.org (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca