Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reporting to: Director, Marketing & Communications
Direct Reports: None
Indirect Staff: Works closely with Marketing Manager, Artscape Daniels Launchpad and Marketing and Communications Coordinator, Artscape
Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: 2019-09-05
*Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period. However, no offers will be made until after the posting closes.
Location: Head Office
Artscape is currently seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to join Artscape’s Marketing and Communications team to lead, shape and execute the digital marketing strategy for Artscape Daniels Launchpad (Launchpad). The ideal candidate will possess deep experience in data-driven digital marketing strategy, analysis, and digital campaign execution that drives conversion.
Artscape Daniels Launchpad is a first-of-its-kind hub for creative entrepreneurship designed to help emerging and established artists, designers and creators generate income and thrive in their creative practice. Launchpad offers members access to a unique 30,000+ sq. ft. facility with state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary creative and technical studios; co-working space; and meeting and event facilities–all supported by a community, including coaches and mentors who provide specialized programs, workshops and events that inspire creative experimentation, learning and collaboration.
The Digital Marketing Manager plays a key role in driving targeted public awareness, interest and engagement for Artscape’s creative entrepreneurship hub, Artscape Daniels Launchpad (Launchpad). Reporting to Artscape’s Director, Marketing and Communications and working closely with key members of the Launchpad team, the Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for leading, shaping and executing the digital marketing strategy for Launchpad programs, events, memberships, community engagement and brand, with emphasis on the development of creative digital and social media marketing campaigns that drive results.
Ensuring adherence to Artscape’s brand, social media policies and guidelines, this specialist will attract and interact with targeted creative industries, creative entrepreneurs, artists, digital creators and designers. S/he will also apply his/her skills more broadly to support digital marketing related initiatives for Artscape, as required.
Key performance indicators include (but are not limited to) increasing the digital and social media profile of Launchpad, managing, monitoring and reporting on paid digital campaigns and updating content on the Launchpad website in order to drive increased awareness of and interest in Launchpad’s facilities, memberships, programs, workshops and events in line with strategic plans. The outcome will be increased presence and engagement with Toronto’s relevant arts and creative communities on all relevant social and digital channels, driving increased leads and conversions for Launchpad’s offerings.
This role reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications and works closely with multiple Launchpad teams, the Artscape Marketing and Communications team, as well as with other key internal and external stakeholders.
This position is ideal for a highly motivated, multitasker with a strong background in developing creative digital content and campaigns that convert to sales, who knows their way around Google Analytics, SEO, SEM and WordPress sites, and enjoys a fast paced, dynamic environment requiring interaction with multiple stakeholders.
- Work with Artscape Daniels Launchpad team to design, develop and deploy leading-edge paid and organic digital/social media strategies and campaigns and manage content calendar for a variety of revenue-generating, reputation management and profile-raising Launchpad initiatives across digital channels including: social, website and email communications (80%)
- Thoroughly understand the competitive landscape and expand the digital audience for Launchpad’s offerings via digital promotions that connect with all target markets
- Work with Artscape’s internal Marketing and Communications team and external agencies, videographers and photographers to develop rich, original content for sharing across Launchpad’s digital channels
- Continuously improve audience performance and lead generation and member/participant acquisition by capturing and analyzing marketing data/metrics, insights and best practices, and optimize campaigns, based on findings
- Project manage content updates to Launchpad’s website and provide recommendations for changes that will maximize SEO and SEM and positively impact the sales pipeline across revenue-generating areas
- Manage email marketing lists and execution of email campaigns using Mailchimp, EventBrite (or similar platforms)
- Support Artscape’s Marketing and Communications team to broaden awareness of Artscape’s initiatives across all properties, by creating plans and deploying digital and social media content, as required, across all Artscape digital channels (20%)
- Moderate all user-generated content across Launchpad’s social media channels, working with Artscape Marketing and Communications team to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Conduct competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification to measure campaign and cost effectiveness for future initiatives
- 5 years of related work experience
- Post-Secondary Education – Degree, Certificate, Diploma – in a technical field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with social networking and social analytics tools
- Excellent grasp of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Proven track record of developing informative, relevant, high quality content that drives engagement and conversion
- Working knowledge of Word Press, Squarespace, Shopify, HTML
- Deep knowledge of SEO, SEM and Google analytics, as well as paid search strategies to optimize a Google Adwords grant
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Highly proficient in use of photography and video for social media
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adapts to new technology tools quickly
- Genuine interest in the mission of Artscape and in the arts, creativity and entrepreneurship
- Experience in or knowledge of the Southern Ontario creative community a plus
- Able to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys a collaborative team environment while managing own workload and deadlines
- Displays sound judgement
- Customer service oriented problem solving attitude
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
130 Queens Quay East
Suite 423, 4th Floor East Tower
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
firstname.lastname@example.org (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca