We are excited to announce SUMMIT, a two-day event for Toronto’s creative community happening on November 30 and December 1, 2019 at Artscape Daniels Launchpad. Summit features speakers from across Toronto’s creative community including fashion designer Hayley Elsaesser who counts Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry as fans; installation artist Trevor Wheatley whose become a go-to collaborator for brands like OVO and Nike; and industry tastemakers from The Drake, Vice and Sony Music.
“We designed SUMMIT to help Toronto artists, designers and creatives succeed by offering a carefully curated line-up of content that will demonstrate that it’s not only possible for artists and designers to thrive creatively in a digital world, but they can also thrive economically,” says Chalo Hancock, Managing Director of Artscape Daniels Launchpad.
Since opening its doors last November 2018, Artscape Daniels Launchpad is creating a new model for creative entrepreneurship to help bridge the gap that often exists between the tremendous cultural and economic value artists’ ideas contribute to society and what creative people earn for their work.
SUMMIT features an exciting line-up of speakers, panelists and workshop facilitators who can show creative entrepreneurs the way to make it in a digitally connected marketplace.
SUMMIT is the pinnacle of Launchpad’s creative entrepreneurship programs; Through in-depth talks, panels, hands-on workshops, and networking opportunities, SUMMIT offers two-days of learning focused on building the marketing, sales and technical skills that creatives need to stand out in a digital world. Attendees will have the chance to hear success stories, best practices, and tips and tricks from creators and industry leaders like:
- Haley Elsaesser, an internationally acclaimed fashion designer, whose fans include Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Trevor Wheatley, installation artist and frequent collaborator for brands like Stussy, OVO, Nike, Hypebeast and more
- Chris Wilson, the Head of Music and Culture at The Drake Hotel, responsible for assembling and managing the year-round music and cultural programs and events
- Joe Ferrari, A&R Director at Sony Music Entertainment who has implemented successful marketing strategies for artists such as One Direction, Hozier, Sia and Odd Future and grown the Sony Music Canada roster which includes laye, Famba, Langston Francis, Swagger Rite and more
- Nathan Stein, A&R Manager for Arts+Crafts, with expertise in scouting, signing and developing acts such as Arkells, The Sheepdogs and The Civil Wars
- Corrine Anestopoulos, Founder & Designer of BIKO, a modern Canadian-made jewellery brand, who has collaborated with retailers such as Nordstrom and Hudson’s Bay Company and celebs such as M.I.A., FKA Twigs and Bianca Andreescu
- Dani Reynolds multidisciplinary creative with expertise in art direction, set styling and still life photography, working with clients like Nike Toronto, Bumble and Instagram
- Jonathan Dekel, an NNA-nominated journalist and frequent contributor to The Globe & Mail, National Post, SPIN Magazine, Toronto Life, CBC and more
- Tori Puras, a Toronto-based producer, working with major brands like Starbucks, Canada Goose and Corona and a lifestyle and fashion influencer
- Everton Lewis Jr., who has over 10 years of music licensing experience and is currently the Music Supervisor at VICE Canada
- Meaghan Way, an Illustrator and multidisciplinary designer whose clients include Vice, Samsung, Frank + Oak, Canon and Droga5
- Alexis Eke, an illustrator and designer whose work focuses on illustrating black women in a contemporary light and who has collaborated with clients including AGO, CBC, Nike Jordan, Palm Bay Spritz and more
And more speakers and facilitators to be announced in the coming weeks!
Summit passes are available now with Weekend Passes for $70 General Admission and $25 for Students. Single Day Passes will be available starting mid-November for $40 General Admission and $15 for Students at www.launchpadsummit.com.