Position Type: Full-time
Department: Finance & Administration
Reporting to: Director, Information Systems
Location: Artscape Head Office Artscape Head Office
Anticipate Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: 2019-11-08*
*Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period. However, no offers will be made until after the posting closes.
OVERVIEW/PURPOSE: Artscape is currently seeking an IT Support Specialist to join our Finance & Administration team. You will work under the Director, Information Systems to implement and organize move, change and deploy of IT equipment and infrastructures including desktops, network equipment and peripheral devices, while providing technical support and management to applications, systems, network, computers and other hardware. The Finance & Administration department at Artscape is a shared service that supports the delivery of business at all of Artscape’s hubs. There are 8 staffed hubs throughout the city of Toronto. The role does not have any direct reports but expect to be engaging with staff at all hubs in an ongoing basis.
This position is ideal for a positive self-starter who is organized and believes in great customer service. You can expect an exciting amount of autonomy in this role. Artscape is a fast-paced environment that requires someone who is flexible and adaptable. This role is perfect for an IT professional looking to gain experience working for a small but growing not for profit.
The IT Support Staff will:
• Prepare, manage and maintain user hardware and software, including laptops, desktops, tablets, iPhones, Microsoft Office, Apple i0S, etc.
• Respond to help desk requests related to technical or non-technical issues and provide timely resolutions within the defined SLA.
• Coordinate and handle the move, change and deploy of IT assets.
• Maintain an accurate and current inventory of all technology assets.
• Determine an appropriate course of action from initial hardware assessment, including repairing equipment when appropriate.
• Manage hardware and software refresh cycles, making recommendations to improve user experience.
• Identify the need for new or upgraded equipment.
• Perform daily system monitoring such as reviewing the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, and system and application logs.
• Verify backup status and provide remedies on failed backup jobs.
• Maintain all system hardware and software including servers, network equipment, backups, operating systems, and optional Salesforce, etc.
• Provide training on information technologies, including but not limited to Office 365, mobile devices, productivity applications, and other technical equipment.
• Ensure that full-time employees have remote access to Artscape, to work productively.
• Create and maintain training and knowledge-based materials.
• Liaise with external suppliers and vendors as needed.
• A minimum of 4 years of information technology experience in an enterprise environment.
• Practical hands-on experience in administrating and managing VMWare, Microsoft Windows IT infrastructure, and Mac products.
• Knowledge or experience managing IP network including firewalls, routers, switches, access points, VLAN, Routing, and VPN.
• Experience in administrating and managing Microsoft Active Directory environment including Group Policy, User Management, DNS, etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot issues from Windows 10, iPhones, mobile devices or tablets etc.
• Skill and knowledge in managing Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
• Hands-on experience and techniques to support remote and mobile workforce, and remote offices.
• Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and documentation.
• Able to work independently and in a team setting.
• Familiar with procedures and best practices to protect privacy and security of confidential personal and private information.
Please respond with:
• Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
• Your salary expectations
• A resume
• A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
130 Queens Quay East, Suite 423
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
email@example.com (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.