Job Title: Custodian, Artscape Daniels Launchpad
Position Type: Part-time, hourly
Location: Artscape Daniels Launchpad and Artscape Bayside occasionally
Reporting to the Building Operator, the custodian maintains professional, respectful and positive relationships with tenants, colleagues, staff and members of the public; while contributing to a warm, welcoming and attractive environment. The work schedule will vary and will include weekends and/or evenings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and notifying the Building Operator of repairs, opportunities and challenges
- Providing cleaning services such as; mopping, dusting, carpet cleaning and vacuuming, daily glass and window cleaning of the general common areas
- Washing the interior windows in the Artscape lounge as required
- Pre and post events cleaning of Sugar Hall
- Garbage collection and removal
- Artscape office cleaning weekly; dusting, vacuuming, wipe the door glass. When requested clean the interior and exterior of the refrigerator and microwave oven in the office
- Cleaning and restocking all washrooms, both the first floor common area washrooms and the secured washrooms on the second floor.
- Perimeter cleaning, trash pick up and outdoor garbage bins emptied as required
- Assisting other Artscape staff, as requested (e.g. rolling out garbage pins, moving tables, etc.)
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
130 Queens Quay East
Suite 423, 4th Floor East Tower
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
email@example.com (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.