Job Title: Executive Assistant
Position Type: Full-Time
Reporting to: Chief Executive Office
Location: Artscape, Head Office
Application Deadline: 2020-01-23*
*Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period. However, no offers will be made until after the posting closes.
OVERVIEW/PURPOSE: Artscape is a not-for-profit organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Artscape’s projects, programs and services are designed to help creatives thrive while enhancing the communities around them to become more vibrant, inclusive and resilient.
Artscape is best known for its work as the developer/operator of a growing portfolio of 14 unique cultural facilities in Toronto—including community cultural hubs; multi-purpose creative spaces; artist live/work studio spaces; and 44 performance, exhibition and event spaces. Artscape’s work is accomplished through a range of social enterprises focusing on: real estate development; affordable housing and property management; performance and event facility management; makerspace management; entrepreneurship development; community animation and youth empowerment
The Executive Assistant reports to the CEO and provides daily administrative support to the CEO and ad-hoc support to a six member executive team as requested. This role ensure the smooth and efficient administration of the Executive office, and is provides administrative support for Artscape’s governance boards.
This role requires a strong communicator, discretion in sensitive or confidential manner, logistics planning for meetings and is passionate about our mission, vision and values.
- Coordinate meetings and manage schedules for the CEO
- Provide administrative support to the CEO including travel arrangements, correspondence management, preparation of visual presentation materials, contacts management, and assistance with special projects
- Manage financial reconciliations and expense reports for the Executives, coordinate finance-related board communication
- Coordinate cheque execution from Authorized Signing Authorities
- Establishes and maintains database in Salesforce (CRM) for contacts and ensuring data and information is up to date
- Document management handling; ensures maintaining confidentiality and sensitivity of materials and information
- Supports the Executive Team with their miscellaneous administrative requests which may include meeting document preparation, information retrieval, ad-hoc office equipment orders/purchasing, and catering arrangements
- Creates a welcoming environment for visitors, guests, and employees visiting Head Office in alignment with Artscape’s core values as the primary initial contact and representation for the corporate office. Helps guests navigate Head Office and connects them with individuals in a friendly manner
- Acts as a primary front line administrative contact and guiding office representative for all general office administrative activities not handled by other teams. This includes monitoring office equipment and tracking work space/desk space seating and furnishing assignments. To ensure photocopier and other office and kitchen equipment is stocked and functional. Responsible for submitting service order requests to IT or facilities staff as required for the office
- Other administrative duties will be performed in a timely manner as assigned by the Executive Team members
- Coordinate relations with and support the boards of Toronto Artscape Inc., Artscape Non-Profit Homes Inc., Regent Park Arts Non Profit Development Corporation, Toronto Artscape Foundation, and the various sub-committees of these volunteer leadership groups
- Coordinate board and sub-committee meetings and track meeting attendance, record and distribute minutes, manage minute books, prepare and distribute meeting materials, monitor meeting follow-up items update and distribute contact lists and bios, prepare orientation manuals and coordinate orientation sessions for new board members
- Manage corporate record-keeping and reporting, liaise with Artscape’s legal counsel to administer corporate records, coordinate the execution of governance and legal documents, filing and distribution of audited financial statements, agreements, resolutions of the board and other governance and legal documents
- Liaise with the Communications Department to ensure that all online board related information is up-to-date.
Special Initiatives and Projects:
- Coordinate relationship building and prospect tours of Artscape facilities for the CEO
- Coordinate and support special projects
- Assist with the planning and implementation of special events
- Ensure cross-departmental coordination of events and execution of time sensitive deadlines
- Serve on ad-hoc committees, organize, attend and document staff meetings and retreats
- Represent Artscape as required and follow up in a timely and thorough way on all inquiries
- Undergraduate degree or community college diploma
- At least 5 years employment in a related field demonstrating hands-on practical experience with at least 2 years supporting executive level staff, preferably in a non for profit environment
- Knowledge of board governance and experience working with a non-profit board of directors
- Impeccable relationship management and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Superior writing, editing and research skills
- High level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult or confidential matters
- Experience in maintaining databases, with a solid grasp of information technology systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2010
- Experience with Client Relationship Management software solutions ie., Salesforce
- Ability to multitask effectively and coordinate multiple projects concurrently as well as respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work with speed, accuracy and consistency to tight deadlines
- Willingness to work collaboratively in an open-concept, team oriented work environment
- Demonstrated passion for arts and culture and community building
- Bilingual (English/French) verbal and written communication is an asset
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
130 Queens Quay East
Suite 423, 4th Floor East Tower
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
firstname.lastname@example.org (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.