Job Title: Interim Commercial Tenant Services Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time, 1-Year Contract (Maternity Leave)
Department: Facilities & Community Services
Reporting to: Leasing & Community Services Manager
Start Date: As soon as position is successfully filled
Location: Artscape Daniels Launchpad: 130 Queens Quay E, 4th Floor, East Tower, Toronto
Application Deadline: 2020-01-22*
*Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period. However, no offers will be made until after the posting closes.
OVERVIEW/PURPOSE: Artscape is currently seeking an interim Commercial Tenant Services Coordinator to join the Facilities and Community Services team on a one-year contract. The coordinator will be responsible for lease and wait list administration, responding to all external space inquiries and acting as a tenant liaison for the commercial portfolio. .
The Facilities and Community Services department serves tenants and owners in all Artscape buildings, and the Commercial Tenant Services Coordinator will be a key part of supporting both live/work and work tenancies.
Reporting to the Manager, Leasing and Community Services, this position will collaborate closely with members of the department and staff across Artscape.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in customer service and is interested in a career in social purpose real estate, with a demonstrated passion for Artscape’s mission and creating the conditions for artists to thrive.
- Act as main point of contact for Artscape tenants and owners in select Artscape buildings on day to day property management duties
- Respond to all inquiries from the public regarding the availability of commercial space and waitlist procedures, addressing customer service needs in a professional and courteous manner
- Lease vacant and new spaces within Artscape’s portfolio, including: update vacancy listings and hold viewings with prospective applicants, administer application process for prospective tenants, preparation of required leasing documentation, coordination of new tenant move-in and on-boarding new tenants into Artscape communities
- Assist in ensuring compliance with best practices of commercial property management, including those referenced by the Commercial Tenancies Act
- Create and maintain databases and systems for department organization and storage
- Monitor collection of rent including tenant arrears, annual rent increases, tenant enrollment in automatic rent withdrawal, administration of additional rent reconciliation, etc. and escalate where appropriate in according with established policies and procedures
- Monitor maintenance cases to help ensure timely resolution and processes invoices / purchase orders, when necessary
- Support issue resolution through effective communication and escalation where appropriate
- Ensure up-to-date contact and occupant lists on Salesforce and within the department
- Provide administrative support for applications to, participation in, or reporting on third-party programs to enhance affordability of Artscape spaces, as necessary
- Coordinate key orders, access cards and key storage
- Update tenant handbooks and support the communication of service standards and maintenance procedures
- Provides support to the Manager, Leasing and Community Services, in tenant and owner engagement activities
- 1-3 years’ experience in a fast-paced office or customer service environment, with an emphasis on efficient administration related tasks.
- Experience in property management and/or non-profit housing considered an asset
- Some experience in public, non-profit, community engagement or arts administration is desirable
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office
- Experienced in relational databases and or CRM platforms, preferably Salesforce
- Demonstrated interest in Artscape’s mission
- Highly proficient and thoughtful written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to implement and deliver programs and services
- A commitment to quality, ability to meet tight deadlines, and a willingness to work in an open-concept, team-oriented atmosphere
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
130 Queens Quay East
Suite 423, 4th Floor East Tower
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
email@example.com (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.