Job Title: Salesforce Developer
Position Type: 12 Month Full-Time Contract
Reporting to: Director, Information Systems
*Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period. However, no offers will be made until after the posting closes.
OVERVIEW/PURPOSE: Artscape is made up of a group of not-for-profit organizations with a mission to make space for creativity and transform communities. To fulfill our mission and vision, we engage in social enterprise in the following fields: real estate development; property management; performance and event services; consulting and knowledge exchange; artistic programming and community animation; and creative entrepreneurship development.
The Salesforce Developer will be instrumental in leading the charge to help Toronto Artscape and Toronto Artscape Foundation to improve adoption and use of the existing Salesforce platform while increasing the functionality to include additional lines of business. This role will be integral in the growth and development of our systems and software that directly impact the daily functions of the business. The ideal candidate will have the ability and desire to make a difference in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in requirement gathering sessions with various functional leads and teams (property management, fund development/fundraising, event venue sales and rentals, consulting, board management, membership, programs, and finance) to determine current needs, roadblocks and desired future state.
- Work with IT and Salesforce team champions to identify requirements that will cause cross-functional issues and provide workaround solutions, develop training sessions and materials for the new system design.
- Lead functional leads and teams through design to ensure needs are addressed and achieve system design sign-off and create a roadmap for design rollout.
- Code software and/or application solutions on the Salesforce platform as identified in the system design, as well as develop and maintain Visualforce, Apex, AppExchange apps and integration to other third party solutions.
- Prepare test data, plan and conduct module testing by leading teams through testing, implementing fixes as required
- Actively participate in the system rollout and hyper care to ensure adoption.
- Manage day-to-day support, security & integrity of the Salesforce platform and direct long-term improvement activities to guarantee the ability to advance the organization’s strategic plans.
- Be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Ability to work independently and engage supervisor as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferably Computer Science)
- 3-5 years of experience functioning as a Salesforce developer (Lightening Experience and asset)
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com point and click administration an asset;
- Experience with technologies that work with Salesforce.com including: Java, jscript, Ruby, Python, Force.com platform
- Good understanding of data structures, data modelling, db schema is required.
- Experience in deployment and release management.
- Experience with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools.
- Experience with UML design and methodology an asset
Please respond with:
- Specify where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Your salary expectations
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
130 Queens Quay East
Suite 423, 4th Floor East Tower
Toronto, ON M5A 0P6
firstname.lastname@example.org (please note your name and the job title in the email subject line)
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.