Job Title: Executive Assistant
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Headquarters – Artscape Daniels Launchpad, 130 Queens Quay East, Suite 423, 4th Floor, East Tower
Application Deadline: May 19, 2020
Anticipated Start Date: June 1, 2020
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighborhood aspirations and philanthropic missions.
Since its beginning in 1986, Artscape has become recognized as an international leader in creative placemaking, a practice that leverages the power of art, culture and creativity to catalyze change, growth and transformation in communities. Artscape achieves its mission through developing and managing unique cultural facilities—including community cultural hubs, multi-purpose creative spaces and artist live/work projects—and delivering programs and services that promote creativity and cultural space development. For more information please visit www.artscape.ca.
Join Our Team!
We love creatives and creativity!
Join our team and be part of an organization that positively transforms the community through co-creation. Artscape is an urban development organization and global leader in creative placemaking. We have community cultural hubs throughout Toronto. The core of our work focuses on developing real estate projects, programs and services to empower artists and connect them to communities. As a not-for-profit organization based in Toronto since 1986, we collaborate with artists, community leaders, public policy advocates, philanthropists and urban developers, so that our work builds value for everybody. As a team member, you will contribute to the wide range of work we do for the community.
The Executive Assistant reports to the CEO and provides daily administrative support to the CEO and ad-hoc support to a six member executive team as requested. This role ensures the smooth and efficient administration of the Executive office, and provides administrative support for Artscape’s governance boards.
This role requires a strong communicator, discretion in sensitive or confidential manner, logistics planning for meetings and is passionate about our mission, vision and values.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO including meeting coordination & scheduling, travel arrangements, correspondence management, preparation of visual presentation materials, contacts management, and assistance with special projects.
- Manage financial reconciliations and expense reports for the Executives, coordinate finance related board communication.
- Establish and maintain database in Salesforce (CRM) for contacts and ensuring data and information is up to date.
- Document management handling; ensures maintaining confidentiality and sensitivity of materials and information.
- Support the Executive Team with miscellaneous administrative requests which may include meeting document preparation, information retrieval, ad-hoc office equipment orders/purchasing, and/or catering arrangements.
- Create a welcoming environment for visitors, guests, and employees visiting Head Office in alignment with Artscapes core values as the primary initial contact and representation for the corporate office.
- Acts as a primary front line administrative contact and guiding office representative for all general office administrative activities not handled by other teams.
- Coordinate relations with and support the boards of Toronto Artscape Inc., Artscape Non-Profit Homes Inc., Regent Park Arts Non Profit Development Corporation, Toronto Artscape Foundation, and the various sub-committees of these volunteer leadership groups:
- Coordinate board and sub-committee meetings and track meeting attendance, record and distribute minutes, manage minute books, prepare and distribute meeting materials, monitor meeting follow-up items update and distribute contact lists and bios, prepare orientation manuals and coordinate orientation sessions for new board members
- Manage corporate record-keeping and reporting, liase with Artscape’s legal counsel to administer corporate records, coordinate the execution of governance and legal documents, filing and distribution of audited financial statements, agreements, resolutions of the board and other governance and legal documents
- Liaise with the Communications Department to ensure that all online board related information is up-to-date.
Special Initiatives & Projects:
- Coordinate relationship building and prospect tours of Artscape facilities for the CEO
- Coordinate and support special projects as well as assist with the planning and implementation of special events
- Ensure cross-departmental coordination of events and execution of time sensitive deadlines
- Serve on ad-hoc committees, organize, attend and document staff meetings and retreats
- Undergraduate degree or community college diploma
- At least 5 years employment in a related field demonstrating hands-on practical experience with at least 2 years supporting executive level staff, preferably in a non for profit environment
- Knowledge of board governance and experience working with a non-profit board of directors
- Impeccable relationship management and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Superior writing, editing and research skills
- High level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult or confidential matters
- Experience in maintaining databases, with a solid grasp of information technology systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2010
- Experience with Client Relationship Management software solutions ie., Salesforce
- Ability to multitask effectively and coordinate multiple projects concurrently as well as respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work with speed, accuracy and consistency to tight deadlines
- Willingness to work collaboratively in an open-concept, team oriented work environment
- Demonstrated passion for arts and culture and community building
- Bilingual (English/French) verbal and written communication is an asset
How to Apply: Email your resume and cover letter with salary expectations in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the Job Title and your name in the Subject line. In your letter, be sure to tell us where you initially saw the job posted. Unfortunately, incomplete applications without salary expectations will not be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please. In some cases, interviews may begin before the job posting closes.
Accessibility: In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape. For more information, please see our Accessible Customer Service policy.
Artscape’s Diversity & Inclusion statement: Artscape is intentional in creating spaces that are inclusive and showcase creativity. Our community reflects this intention, as we welcome people from all experiences, inclusive of sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, race, Indigenous status, ethnicity, mental and physical ability, caregiver status, housing status, place of origin, age, and all other statuses protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code.