Artscape Distillery Studios
Case Goods Warehouse, 15 Case Goods Lane, Toronto, ON, M5A 3C4
In Toronto’s Historic Distillery District
Shared Work Studio Space Available
Third Floor, 344 rentable square feet
Monthly Rent is $802.42 (all inclusive)
Available July 1
About the studio:
- 3rd floor (with elevator access); 344 rentable square feet
- Features wood floors and original exposed brick walls with open beams
- Utilities included in rent (including A/C)
- Open-concept workspace, shared with Nightswimming’s staff of 3
- Shared internet, boardroom table, fridge/kitchen items and storage space
- Building amenities: gendered bathrooms on same floor, work sink, garbage and recycling facilities and freight elevator
- 24-hour access to building and studio
- Easy access to rentable rehearsal and performance studios like Dancemakers and Ernest Balmer (also on the 3rd floor)
- The Distillery District is a dynamic and vibrant arts and cultural hub with many performing arts organizations nearby, restaurants, shops and public spaces.
You would be a great fit if:
- You are a small non-profit arts organization or collective with 1-2 full-time equivalent staff or an individual professional artist
- You enjoy working in a shared open-concept work environment that is fun, creative and ambitious
- You are passionate about the arts and the community(ies) you serve
- You prefer a flexible schedule to accommodate specific programming needs
- You value supportive and safe work environments and exemplify open-mindedness, respect, and accountability
We welcome inquiries from organizations and artists from equity-seeking groups, including those who identify as Indigenous, Black, Person of Colour, Trans, Nonbinary, Queer, Disabled, and intersections of those identities.
Nightswimming is a dramaturgical company with a national mandate focused on creation, performance and research through commissioning and developing new Canadian plays, musical works and dance. Through the creation of these new works, Nightswimming is devoted to advancing the field of dramaturgy – the exploration of theatrical stories and how they are told – and play development in Canada. Nightswimming has commissioned and developed 30 projects with more than 90 runs across Canada at theatres and festivals from Victoria to Whitehorse to St. John’s. Recent projects include Anita Majumda’s The Fish Eyes Trilogy, Carmen Aguirre’s Broken Tailbone, Jani Lauzon’s Prophecy Fog, Sunny Drake’s Child-ish and xLq’s 4inXchange.
To schedule a viewing appointment, or if you have any questions, please contact Nightswimming’s Producer Brittany Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org). When inquiring, please include a little bit about who you are, your arts practice and/or your organization.
The space is sublet from Artscape. To be an eligible co-tenant, you must meet Artscape’s basic criteria which can be found here.
The Case Goods Warehouse is wheelchair accessible via the 15 Case Goods Lane entrance on the north side of the building. Unfortunately, the studio door and bathroom doors are not barrier free at this time as they do not have automatic push-buttons.
Important COVID-19 Measures:
- The Case Goods Warehouse is currently closed to the public until June 1; only tenants and owners can access the building at this time and guests are not permitted unless your business is deemed an essential service by the Ontario government
- To that end, all viewing appointments will be conducted via video calls; in-person viewings may be accommodated when the public health authorities allow non-essential businesses to re-open
- Hand sanitizing stations have been put in place and tenants/owners are strongly encouraged to practice physical distancing in and around the building at all times
- Nightswimming currently has a one-person-at-a-time policy when visiting the studio. All staff are encouraged to work from home and only visit the studio when absolutely necessary and when others are not present.