Artscape Distillery Studios
Case Goods Warehouse, 15 Case Goods Lane, Toronto, ON, M5A 3C4
In Toronto’s Historic Distillery District
Shared Artist Studio Space Available
326.5 rentable square feet for one or two people (one preferred)
Monthly Rent for the entire available space: $862.42 (all inclusive)
Monthly Rent for half (163.25 sq ft) of the available space: $431.21 (all inclusive)
Available July 1
About the studio:
- 4th floor (with elevator access); 326.5 rentable square feet, includes some common space. Usable workspace dedicated to renter is 284 sq ft (or 142 sq ft is renting half of the available space)
- Features wood floors and original exposed brick walls with open beams, large windows with lots of natural light
- Utilities included in rent (including A/C)
- Open-concept studio, shared with a jeweller and a painter, both of whom currently use the studio part-time
- Building amenities: work sink on same floor, gendered bathrooms one floor down, garbage and recycling facilities and freight elevator
- 24-hour access to building and studio
- The Distillery District is a dynamic and vibrant arts and cultural hub with many performing arts organizations nearby, restaurants, shops and public spaces
You would be a great fit if:
- You are a professional artist and would enjoy working in a shared open-concept studio environment with fellow creative people
- You want flexible access to your studio space
- You are willing to work with your co-tenants to develop and exercise safe practices – including potential staggered work times – during the current Covid-19 reality
Please note this unit is not being handled by Artscape – to schedule a viewing appointment, or if you have any questions, please contact Yorgos directly at email@example.com. When inquiring, please include a little bit about who you are and the nature of your arts practice.
The space is sublet from Artscape. To be an eligible co-tenant, you must meet Artscape’s basic criteria, which can be found here.
The Case Goods Warehouse is wheelchair accessible via the 15 Case Goods Lane entrance on the north side of the building. Unfortunately, the studio door and bathroom doors are not barrier free at this time as they do not have automatic push-buttons.
Important COVID-19 Measures:
- The Case Goods Warehouse is currently closed to the public until June 1; only tenants and owners can access the building at this time and guests are not permitted unless your business is deemed an essential service by the Ontario government
- To that end, all viewing appointments will be conducted via video calls; in-person viewings may be accommodated when the public health authorities allow non-essential businesses to re-open
- Hand sanitizing stations have been put in place and tenants/owners are strongly encouraged to practice physical distancing in and around the building at all times
- The current tenants have a one-person-at-a-time policy when visiting the studio and are seeking a sharer / sharers who will work with them to exercise safe practices, which will evolve in accordance with public health advice.