Calling all artists, performers and writers! ArtsUNITE/UNITÉ des Arts is looking for content (paid opportunity)
ArtsUNITE / UNITÉ des arts is currently seeking artists and writers to create and contribute to website content. Are you an artist, performer or writer? Do you have ideas for written and/or interactive content? We would love to feature your work!
We are looking for content that provides resources for artists, creative entrepreneurs, and the creative community. This can come in the form of blog posts, videos, host meetups, webinars, calls for artists, and more! We are looking for original content at any stage of development that speaks to one of these categories:
- Financial resources or advice: What was the first experience you had applying for a grant? Are you a master budget-keeper, who could share how to run a balanced personal or business budget? If you were to go back 10 years, what financial advice would you give yourself today?
- Career resources or advice: Are you aware of a commission or call you’d like to share? Do you know how to write a killer resume? Are you a LinkedIn contributor or writer who can share how to boost your online brand?
- Learning resources: Are you currently working with a collective looking for more members? Are you skilled at mentorship or networking and have some tips to share? Have you always wanted to do your own online course? Now is the time!
- Personal Stories: Do you have a personal experience you would like to share that you think could help others navigate new and unfamiliar territory? What did it feel like the first time you entered a food bank? Or the first time you needed crisis support? Knowing that others have had the same experience can be incredibly supportive to someone seeking help for the first time.
- Artist Features: artsUNITE would like to feature a rotating showcase of artists that reflect the diversity of our communities and our stories, and is looking for artists to feature on the website homepage in this special series.
- Space resources: Do you have behind-the-scenes knowledge of the best co-working spaces? What was your solution to creating a home studio in a 500 sq.ft. apartment? How does a new artist plan for their first show?
I’m interested! What do I do?
Please submit a short (max. 1 page / 300 words) story pitch to email@example.com. Submissions will be reviewed on August 5, 2020 and accepted on a rolling basis*. If you have an idea, but aren’t sure it fits, please reach out! We are offering honorariums**, starting at $100 for 1 article per piece of content selected to be published; $150 for webinars; and larger honorariums may be devised for series pitches.
Who We Are: ArtsUNITE / UNITÉ des arts strives to provide artists and creative entrepreneurs with a free, centralized, comprehensive and humanistic wayfinding service that connects people to resources in the arts. We help you find resources in funding, work, services, crisis support and learning opportunities that are curated according to artist-specific needs. We want Canadian creatives to have equitable access to resources. Adapting to the changing needs of the arts sector post-COVID-19, and with support from partners across Canada, ArtsUNITE / UNITÉ is a dynamic service, focusing on providing diverse and adaptive resources that will enable our creative communities to survive in the current moment and thrive in the long run. We’re on a mission to unite the national Canadian arts sector in a mutual goal of empowering, educating and employing Canadian artists and creatives.
*Submissions will be reviewed by our content team, and assessed based on current content gaps and your piece’s ability to speak to our content categories. No submission will be unreasonably denied. We prioritize content from BIPOC, 2SLGBTQAI++, women, GNC/GNB, and content creators with disabilities.
**Honorariums will be devised in collaboration with you, the author, and along a sliding scale based on the scope of the piece. We aim to be transparent in our process; please reach out with any questions.