Calling all emerging designers, creators, artists and makers!
The Toronto Artscape Foundation is offering six-month Launchpad Bursaries to 250 individuals who wish to thrive in their creative practice, but face financial barriers to joining our community of artists.
Artscape Daniels Launchpad is a first-of-its-kind creative entrepreneurship hub designed to help emerging and established artists, designers and creators from all disciplines grow thriving careers.
Launchpad’s unique facility on Toronto’s waterfront brings together state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary creative and technical studios; co-working space, meeting and event facilities; and specialized creative entrepreneurship programs, workshops and events–all designed to support and inspire creative experimentation, learning and collaboration. Launchpad offers members the chance to be part of a vibrant, diverse community of creators, as well as to engage in mentorship, learning programs and wayfinding to plug into resources and business opportunities.
About the Bursary Program
The Toronto Artscape Foundation Launchpad Bursary program was first launched in 2019 and is intended to provide access to Launchpad for those facing financial barriers to doing so.
Each bursary recipient gains access to:
- A vibrant, collaborative community of fellow designers, creators, artists and makers
- Launchpad Learning classes on topics such as financial literacy, fundraising, creative thinking, activism, allyship, accessing government supports, running a small business, marketing, shifting your mindset and more
- Wellness events and programming focused on physical and mental well-being
- One-on-one coaching with industry leaders
- The Launchpad coworking space, Computer Lab and our five Creative Studios: Textiles + Fashion, Fine Metals + Jewellery, Digital Fabrication, Electronics and Woodworking.
- We will fund up to 10 programming ideas from Bursary Recipients for Bursary Recipients with more details to follow, once the program starts.
- We are offering credits to our Digital Media Labs (Recording Studio, VFX Studio, Editing Suites and Photography Studio) for 50 individuals in the Bursary cohort. For those interested in being considered for this opportunity, please indicate your interest and for what purposes in your application.
How to Apply
To apply for a Toronto Artscape Foundation Launchpad Bursary, please complete and submit this form by 12:00pm on Monday, August 17, 2020.
In the application form, you will be asked to identify which streams you are applying for. The streams are:
- Creative Studios + Coworking
- Digital Media Lab + Coworking
- Coworking Only
Please note that all streams will receive access to the Launchpad community and our Launchpad Learning and Wellness programming.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be an emerging and/or practicing artist, designer or creator
- Have an entrepreneurial desire to advance their creative practice/business
- Be a Canadian citizen or a legal resident
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Have not received a Launchpad Bursary in the past year
Criteria and Selection process
The following criteria will be used to assess your application submission:
- Demonstrated financial need
- Commitment and contribution to the Launchpad community
- Fit between your needs and Artscape Daniels Launchpad’s Programs, Services and Supports
The selection process will be led by the Director of Launchpad Learning and include a cross section of Staff, Board and members from the Launchpad community.
|July 27 – Aug 17
|Call for Bursary Application Submissions
|Bursary program commences
To ensure the process is as equitable as possible, we will not be able to have individual meetings with interested applicants; however, we are happy to answer any questions you have via email! Please reach out to our Launchpad Learning Coordinator, Ksenia Khan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the selection process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape’s Diversity & Inclusion statement
Artscape is intentional in creating spaces that are inclusive and showcase creativity. Our community reflects this intention, as we welcome people from all experiences, inclusive of sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, race, Indigenous status, ethnicity, mental and physical ability, caregiver status, housing status, place of origin, age, and all other statuses protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
About the Toronto Artscape Foundation
The Toronto Artscape Foundation is a charitable organization that works to increase the public’s understanding of arts and culture through its support of community arts programs, creative placemaking educational programs and access to arts and cultural facilities. Governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, the Foundation receives support from individual donors, public and private foundations and corporations to undertake ambitious projects that positively impact the lives of artists and foster vibrant communities. For more information about the Toronto Artscape Foundation, visit artscape.ca.