How the Increased COVID-19 Restrictions Will Impact You, January 2021
Yesterday, the Province of Ontario declared a state of emergency and issued a stay-at-home order with increased restrictions that will take effect at 12:01am on Thursday, January 14. These new restrictions will be in place for at least 28 days.
Some key measures to the current lockdown status with this announcement include:
- Stay-at-home order in place, restricting all travel for essential purposes only
- Extended school closure for hotspots until February 10, 2020
- Reduction in outdoor group gathering limits to five people, with exceptions
- Mandatory masks in all indoor spaces and strongly recommended outdoors
- Restrictions on opening and closing hours for non-essential businesses (7am-8pm)
- Detailed sector-specific guidelines can be found here
To help maintain community safety and contain the spread of COVID-19, please note the following changes to our operations as of Jan 14:
- Artscape operated community cultural hubs, including: Daniels Spectrum, Artscape Youngplace, Artscape Wychwood Barns, Artscape Weston Common, Artscape Gibraltar Point, and Artscape Distillery Studios remain closed to the public. Tenants and owners continue to have access to their spaces during this time.
- Artscape Performance and Event Venues services remain closed.
- Artscape Daniels Launchpad will be closed to the public and members. All programs are temporarily suspended until further notice. Online programming and workshops will continue to be delivered.
- Artscape Gibraltar Point’s short term residency program will be temporarily suspended until the stay-at-home order is lifted.
We are closely monitoring public health and government recommendations regarding the reopening of non-essential businesses and public gatherings to guide our decision on a re-opening date. In the meantime, we welcome you to attend our free virtual programming through Launchpad Learning Online. See What’s On.
Stay safe, healthy and we hope to see you soon!