Job Title: Digital Engagement Specialist
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reporting to: Director, Marketing & Communications
Location: HQ – Headquarters
Anticipated Start Date: March 22, 2021
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighborhood aspirations and philanthropic missions.
Since its beginning in 1986, Artscape has become recognized as an international leader in creative placemaking, a practice that leverages the power of art, culture and creativity to catalyze change, growth and transformation in communities. Artscape achieves its mission through developing and managing unique cultural facilities—including community cultural hubs, multi-purpose creative spaces and artist live/work projects—and delivering programs and services that promote creativity and cultural space development. For more information please visit www.artscape.ca.
This is a unique opportunity to drive targeted public awareness, interest and engagement for Artscape’s creative entrepreneurship hubs and services. Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications and working closely with key members of the various hubs, the Digital Engagement Specialist is accountable for shaping and executing the digital content marketing strategy for Artscape, memberships, community engagement and brand, with emphasis on the development of creative digital and social media marketing campaigns that drive results.
Key performance indicators include (but are not limited to) increasing the digital and social media profile of Artscape, development of engaging content to drive meaningful storytelling efforts, managing, monitoring and reporting on paid digital campaigns and updating content on the Artscape website in order to drive increased awareness of and interest in Artscape’s facilities, memberships, programs, workshops and events in line with strategic plans. The outcome will be increased presence and engagement with Toronto’s relevant arts and creative communities on all relevant social and digital channels, driving increased leads and conversions for Artscape’s offerings.
This role reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications and works closely with multiple Artscape business partners, as well as with other key internal and external stakeholders.
This position is ideal for a highly motivated, multitasker with a strong background in developing creative digital content and campaigns that convert to optimal results, who knows their way around Social Media platforms, Google Analytics, SEO, SEM and WordPress sites, and enjoys a fast paced, dynamic environment requiring interaction with multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Artscape’s marketing team and relevant business partners to design, develop and deploy leading-edge paid and organic content and digital/social media strategies and campaigns for a variety of services and programs to increase awareness, engagement and conversions
- Thoroughly understand the competitive landscape and expand the digital audience for Artscape’s offerings via digital promotions that connect with all target markets
- Work with Artscape’s internal Marketing and Communications team and external agencies, videographers and photographers to develop rich, original content for sharing across Artscape’s digital channels
- Continuously improve audience performance and lead generation and member/participant acquisition by capturing and analyzing marketing data/metrics, insights and best practices, and optimize campaigns, based on findings
- Leverage expertise to ensure appropriate content updates to Artscape’s website and provide recommendations for changes that will maximize SEO and SEM to positively impact defined measures of success
- In collaboration with the Manager, Marketing and Communications, oversee email marketing lists and execution of email campaigns using Mailchimp, EventBrite (or similar platforms) as required
- Moderate all user-generated content across Artscape’s social media channels, working with the Marketing and Communications coordinator to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Conduct competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification to measure campaign and cost effectiveness for future initiatives
- Work with the internal marketing team members to develop and maintain an editorial calendar and cohesive strategy for email, social and content marketing initiatives and coordinate the use of Artscape’s accounts with key stakeholders
- Develop and implement social media listening strategies to identify key themes and trends surfacing among defined audience segments and potential brand advocates
- Write, build, edit and/or approve email campaigns and social posts (e.g., social posts/comments, live events, on- and off-campus events) that align with best practices
- Ensure excellence and consistency in all email, blog and social media communications
- 5 years of related work experience, specifically the areas of content marketing, digital marketing, marketing insights, and account management/client service
- Post-Secondary Education – Degree, Certificate, Diploma – in a technical field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with social networking and social analytics tools
- Proven track record of developing informative, relevant, high quality content that drives engagement and conversion
- Working knowledge of Word Press, HTML
- Sound knowledge of SEO, SEM and Google analytics, as well as paid search strategies to optimize a Google Adwords grant
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in information architecture, navigation, user interfaces, usability, accessibility standards (i.e., AODA and Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation [CASL]), and testing
- Direct or indirect people and project management experience
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Highly proficient in use of photography and video for social media, Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to build consensus, foster teamwork among a variety of stakeholders, and lead integrated project teams
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in and contribute to an integrated and collaborative team environment and to apply a positive team approach to working with colleagues
- Ability to lead and motivate people
- Able to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- Displays sound judgement
- Customer service oriented problem solving attitude
- Critical thinker with an affinity to be solutions oriented
Join Our Team!
We love creatives and creativity!
Join our team and be part of an organization that positively transforms the community through co-creation. Artscape is an urban development organization and global leader in creative placemaking. We have community cultural hubs throughout Toronto. The core of our work focuses on developing real estate projects, programs and services to empower artists and connect them to communities. As a not-for-profit organization based in Toronto since 1986, we collaborate with artists, community leaders, public policy advocates, philanthropists and urban developers, so that our work builds value for everybody. As a team member, you will contribute to the wide range of work we do for the community.
Artscape is dedicated to hiring employees who reflect the diverse communities we serve in Toronto.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the Job Title and your name in the Subject line. In your letter, be sure to tell us where you initially saw the job posted. Unfortunately, incomplete applications without cover letters will not be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please. In some cases, interviews may begin before the job posting closes.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape. For more information, please see our Accessible Customer Service policy.
Artscape’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
We will hold ourselves and each other accountable through word and action with the assurance that every member of the Artscape community be treated equitably, with dignity and respect. As an employer, as staff, as leaders and community members, we will act in an inclusive manner at all times and with mutual respect of individuals’ rights to be understood and heard.
We believe equity, diversity and inclusion creates a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals and is representative of the Canadian population and are resolute in cultivating an environment where all people are respected and their differences are embraced.
We do not condone or tolerate behaviour that undermines the dignity of any individual. Expressions of hate such as intimidation, harassment, offensiveness or hostility will not be tolerated.
We stand firm in our commitment to the erasure of and fight against all forms of discrimination and harassment, including but not limited to: Islamophobia, anti- Semitism, xenophobia, sexism, anti-Black racism, classism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, ageism and anti-indigenous rhetoric and remarks.
We further commit to the creation and enforcement of open and inclusive spaces, free of hate and all forms of oppression.
We will support the growth, awareness and understanding of our most marginalized and racialized communities and will promote and encourage open dialogue that does not infringe of the rights of others or cause harm.