About the Foundation
The Toronto Artscape Foundation works to increase the public’s understanding of arts and culture through its support of community arts programs, creative placemaking educational programs and access to arts and cultural facilities. The Foundation is a registered charity governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
Support from individual donors, public and private foundations, and corporations empowers the Toronto Artscape Foundation to undertake ambitious projects that positively impact the lives of artists and foster vibrant communities.
With funding from our generous donors and partners, as well as an annual fundraising events, we are able to fund the following projects and programs.
- Artist Residencies at Artscape Gibraltar Point
- Accessibility Program: In a number of Artscape facilities (Daniels Spectrum, Artscape Wychwood Barns, Artscape Youngplace and soon, Artscape Weston Common) we provide financial assistance to arts based organizations and groups that are mounting shows, performances and other cultural events. Assistance is provided through an application process managed by a group of community volunteers.
Charitable Objects of the Toronto Artscape Foundation:
Educate and increase the public’s understanding of the arts and culture and their importance by offering or sponsoring courses, seminars, conferences and meetings, publication of materials and otherwise collecting and disseminating information on arts and culture
Provide instructional seminars on arts and culture
Provide facilities to or financially support facilities in which artistic and cultural events take place, including galleries, studios and performance space
Receive and maintain a fund or funds and to apply all or part of the principal and income therefrom, from time to time, to charitable organizations that are also registered charities under the Income Tax Act (Canada)
Provide and operate non-profit residential accommodation thereto exclusively for: low income artists and their families; elderly artists primarily of low or modest income; and disabled artists primarily of low or modest income
To advance education by:
- providing programs of an academic and practical nature to teach entrepreneurial, business, innovation and related skills primarily to persons in the arts and cultural fields;
- providing structured learning activities such as courses, instructional seminars, and workshops about creative and performing arts, and by providing opportunities for students to publicly exhibit, present, or perform their works, or develop their crafts or skills in conjunction with these learning activities.
- providing scholarships, bursaries, awards, and other forms of financial assistance to enable members of the public to attend at educational institutions and/or educational programs in Canada.
Our work would not be possible without the generosity of our many supporters. Thank you to the following Lifetime Donors who generously support Artscape. A detailed list of supporters can also be found on individual program and project pages, as well as in our annual reports. We are truly grateful for the support received from all of our friends and supporters.
Government of Canada
Government of Ontario
City of Toronto
Ontario Trillium Foundation
The Daniels Corporation
The John and Myrna Daniels Charitable Foundation
The Michael Young Family Foundation
The Slaight Family Foundation
$500,000 to $999,999
TD Financial Group
The Young Fund at Hamilton Community Foundation
$250,000 to $499,999
Masters Insurance Limited
The J.W. McConnell Family Foundation
$100,000 to $249,999
Aspen Ridge Homes
Aziz Manji Family and Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc.
BMO Financial Group
Castlepoint Numa and Cityzen Development Group
Eli and Phil Taylor
Eric Tripp and Maria Smith
First Capital Realty Inc.
Iler Campbell LLP
McLean Smits Family Foundation
MDC Partners Inc.
RBC Foundation and RBC Financial Group
Robert and Julia Foster
The Dalton Company Ltd.
The Peter and Melanie Munk Charitable Foundation
The Remington Group and The Rudolph P. Bratty Family Foundation
The W. Garfield Weston Foundation
Tim and Frances Price
Vancity Community Foundation
$25,000 to $99,999
4 Star Drywall Ltd.
Burgundy Asset Management Ltd.
Catherine Angela Ciccolini
Cooltech Air Systems Ltd.
Coreydale Contracting Co.
Diamond Schmitt Architects
J.P. Bickell Foundation
Lafarge Canada Inc.
Meridion Group Inc.
Pace Family Foundation
Philip Deck and Kimberly Bozak
Quadrangle Architects Limited
Sandra Lee Simpson
The Henry White Kinnear Foundation
The Ralph M. Barford Foundation
The W.R. Farquharson Family
University Plumbing & Heating