Kevin Garland, born and raised in Toronto, completed a Master’s Degree in Urban and Regional Planning at the University of Toronto. Kevin has a lifelong interest in the arts and has worked and volunteered in the arts and social services throughout her adult life. Following a senior business career in real estate development and urban design, Kevin led the planning and development of the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts and recently retired as Executive Director of The National Ballet of Canada, a position she held since 2002. She serves as Director of Toronto Waterfront Revitalization Corporation, the United Way of Greater Toronto, the Canada Lands Corporation and the Canadian Opera House Corporation. She also serves as a Member of the Advisory Board of Habitat for Humanity.
- Lifelong interest and involvement in the arts, as a young dance student, professional performer, volunteer, donor and senior arts administrator
- Senior level business career, with experience in building, working with and leading multi-disciplinary teams in complex work environments
- Strong strategic planning skills, with experience in leading teams to impactful implementation
- Senior level management of organizations undergoing significant change, including downsizing due to budget cuts, environmental change, rapid growth, and strategic re-structuring
- Longstanding experience as a Board member, in both the public and non-profit sectors, including chairing public sector Audit and Human Resource Committees, and Allocations (grants), for The United Way of Greater Toronto
- Collaborative and consultative style